- NHL Treatment
- Hodgkin's Treatment
- Clinical Trials
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Types of NHL
Lymphoma and Pets
Lymphoma Information for Physicians
The large percentage of information on the internet on lymphoma is by and for physicians though the organization for this information is poor. Here is a growing, organized list of resources for physicians looking for lymphoma informational resources.
This is an expanding area. If you can contribute ideas or material, please write.
Physician Data Query (PDQ) Data Sheets
Available through the recently revamped Cancernet site, these papers are authored by the US National Cancer Institute.
• Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Information
Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma Treatment:
• Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
• Hodgkin's Disease main page
• AIDS Related Cancer main page
AIDS Related Lymphoma treatment documents:
NCI can also be contacted via telephone at 1-800-4-CANCER. See their web site for other contact information.
Genentech Paper - Emerging Clinical Applications of Monoclonal Antibodies in Cancer Immunotherapy
The Hematology of Lymphoma
An excellent site for the hematopathology of lymphatic cells is by David Weissman in the Department of Pathology, State University of New York at Stony Brook. It starts at the Table of Contents. Highly recommended. Another site has a good page on the Hematology of Hodgkin's Disease.
Are you looking for a simplified way to sort out antigens - see Hematopathologic Phenotypes Made Mockingly Simple.
Epstein-Barr virus is indicated in Burkitt's lymphoma (NHL) and is present in about 50% of Hodgkin's biopsies. More information on EBV:
Advances in the origin of Hodgkin's Disease:
• Reed-Sternberg Cell Genome Expression Supports a B-Cell Lineage - the journal Blood 94 No. 2 July 15, 1999
• B-cell origins: Schwartz RS. Hodgkin's Disease --Time for a Change. N Engl J Med 1997; 337:495-6
• Fixed: EBV and Hodgkin's - further evidence of the three disease hypothesis, Leukemia, August 1998 V 12, Issue 8 pp 1272-1276 (you must get a free registration for online viewing)
• Interleukin-13: Researchers Discover the Driving Force Behind Cancer Cells in Hodgkin's Disease (Journal of Experimental Medicine June 21, 1999)
• The US NIH Special Interest Group - Lymphoma and Leukemia
• The International Hodgkin's Disease Collaborative Group
• Der Deutschen Hodgkin Lymphom Studiengruppe (DHSG)
• The Nordic Lymphoma Group (NLG) - dedicated to the promotion of research into the biology and treatment of lymphomas in the Nordic Countries (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland).
• The Lymphoma Association in the UK has a healthcare professional section
• The International Society for Cutaneous Lymphomas collects clinical and epidemiological data on B and T cell lymphomas of the skin.
Lymphoma Books for Physicians
A list of books that are of interest to physicians is in the Medical Book section. Of note is The Lymphomas, edited by Canellos, Lister, and Sklar.
There are also other books that are for coping, treatment, and books that reveal the personal side of cancer. New Books also.