- NHL Treatment
- Hodgkin's Treatment
- Clinical Trials
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Types of NHL
Lymphoma and Pets
New Books on Lymphoma
Unfortunately new books on lymphoma are few and far between. When a new book comes out it is cause for celebration. Here are newer books on the market dealing with lymphoma and cancer.
• Cancer: Messages To and From a Survivor by Gail VanHecke, 2005 - written by a B-cell lymphoma survivor, it chronicles Gail's story from life before, to diagnosis, treatment and through remission. It is written in an easy to read style and rather comforting. One thing about this book that sets it apart are Gail's references to her faith, with Scripture quotes, poems, and personal messages of healing. If you know someone facing lymphoma who would be comforted by such words, I can highly recommend this book. In Paperback.
• The Cancer Patient's Workbook by Joanie Willis, DK Publishing, 2001 - what every cancer patient needs is a way to organize all their data (their lives) while having the energy of a AAA battery. Ms. Willis has done the leg work providing the cancer patient with a convenient format for keeping track, of doing better, of surviving well. Available from Amazon in paperback at a great price.
• Bald in the Land of Big Hair by Joni Rodgers, HarperCollins, 2001 - Joni is a successful author and actress and it shows in the quality, humor, and insight in this recent book. Highly recommended. Order the paperback from Amazon.
• Childhood Cancer Survivors - A Practical Guide to your Future by Nancy Keene, Wendy Hobbie & Kathy Ruccione, O'Reilly 2000 - The book for those who survived cancer as a child or adolescent. Follow-up care, relationships, employment/insurance, and medical issues are explained in non-medical terms and examples from survivors are given. A bonus is a treatment record. This book is a must read! Now available from Amazon books in Paperback at a large discount.
• Non-Hodgkin's Lymphomas - Making Sense of Diagnosis, Treatment, and Options by Lorraine Johnson, O'Reilly 1999 - The first book written with the patient and loved one in mind! The book is thorough in helping with the details from diagnosis to treatment and beyond. Special chapters are devoted to topic glossed over by other books - a must read! Now available from Amazon books in Paperback at a large discount.
• Numb Toes and Aching Soles: Coping with Peripheral Neuropathy by John Senneff, Medpress 1999. The first and best authoritative book on helping people deal with peripheral neuropathy. Available in paperback at a discount and in hardback
If there is a item you wish to find, you can search the entire Amazon.com inventory: