- NHL Treatment
- Hodgkin's Treatment
- Clinical Trials
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Types of NHL
Lymphoma and Pets
Cookie Monster and Elmo Crash the CBCC
Sesame Street Live's Cookie Monster and Elmo swung by the Children's Blood and Cancer Center yesterday at Dell Children's Hospital in Austin, Texas.
As you might expect, the sudden arrival of two enormous, non-human, red and blue fur balls equipped with oversized mouths (really great for eating cookies, not so great for vocalizing) was greeted with widespread initial suspicion.
But the suspicion didn't last for long. The patients, parents and staff at CBCC are a very accepting bunch. Before you knew it, Cookie Monster was so comfortable he was acting like he owned the place.
Despite a rocky start, when all was said and done the end result was hugs and smiles.
This is the fourteenth installment in my series on the Children's Blood and Cancer Center at Dell Children's Hospital in Austin, Texas. The prior thirteen are listed below:
- Introduction: Uncommonly Ordinary
- Part I: Not Your Average Prom
- Part II: Teenage Cancer: One Girl's Story
- Part III: A Food Fight for Life
- Part IV: Clowning Achievement
- Part V: Superhero Kids
- Part VI: Peaceable Kingdom
- Part VII: Survivorship at the CBCC
- Part VIII: WWE's The Shield Visits the CBCC
- Part IX: Austin Film Festival Comes to the CBCC
- Part X: St Baldrick's Delivers the Buzz Cuts
- Part XI: Jeff Gordon Treatment Room at the CBCC
- Part XII: Old Boys and Flappers at the CBCC Prom