- NHL Treatment
- Hodgkin's Treatment
- Clinical Trials
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Types of NHL
Lymphoma and Pets
COSMOS study seeks definitive answers on cell phones and cancers
An international consortium involving the UK, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, and the Netherlands has launched a large epidemiological study in the hopes of uncovering definitive conclusions about the health risks believed to be associated with the use of cell phones.
The project, which goes by the acronym COSMOS (International Cohort Study of Mobile use and Health) is scheduled to last 20-30 years.
200,000 mobile phone users at least 18 years old.
Risk of …
- Benign tumors
- Neurological diseases
- Cerebro-vascular diseases
- Change in occurrence of specific symptoms over time (i.e. headache, sleep disorders)
Organizations who have accorded COSMOS highest research priority
- The World Health Organization
- The EU Scientific Committee on Emerging and Newly Identified Health Risks (SCENHIR)
- The Advisory Group on Non-Ionising Radiation
- The UK Mobile Telecommunications and Health Research (MTHR-2) programme