- NHL Treatment
- Hodgkin's Treatment
- Clinical Trials
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Types of NHL
Lymphoma and Pets
Cancer deaths in decline, says the ACS
After analyzing years and years of data, the American Cancer Society has concluded that the 'war on cancer' has been more effective than we've been led to believe in recent years.
According to their figures:
- Cancer deaths among men declined by 21% from 1990 to 2006
- Cancer deaths among women declined by 12% from 1991 to 2006.
These data were published in the most recent issue of the open access journal PLoS One and the ACS attributes the general decline to:
- Reductions in tobacco use
- Increased screening allowing early detection of several cancers
- Modest to large improvements in treatment for specific cancers
For a more detailed look at their findings, check out the write-up at MedPageToday