- NHL Treatment
- Hodgkin's Treatment
- Clinical Trials
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Types of NHL
Lymphoma and Pets
Hodgkin's Lymphoma Incidence Rates
In medicine–in this case oncology–the "incidence rate" is the number of new disease cases that will occur in a given population.
According to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Hodgkin's Lymphoma represents about 11% of all lymphoma diagnoses. Approximately 8,000 cases (4,400 males and 3,820 females) of Hodgkin's Lymphoma are detected per year which represents less than 1% of all cancers. Nevertheless, this is a still a significant disease worldwide and incidents are on the rise.
Selected Hodgkin's Incidence Statistics
From The National Cancer Institute's SEER program. Numbers are based on cases diagnosed in 2002-2006 from 17 SEER geographic areas.
Median age at diagnosis: 64 years
3.0% were diagnosed under age 20; 7.5% between 20 and 34; 8.4% between 35 and 44; 13.7% between 45 and 54; 17.8% between 55 and 64; 20.4% between 65 and 74; 21.4% between 75 and 84; and 7.8% 85+ years of age.
Incidence Rates by Race/Gender
- All Races: 26.6 per 100,000 men
- White: 27.7 per 100,000 men
- Black: 21.2 per 100,000 men
- Asian/Pac Islander 17.0 per 100,000 men
- American Indian/Alaska Native: 12.9 per 100,000 men
- Hispanic: 22.0 per 100,000 men
- All Races: 18.9 per 100,000 women
- White: 19.8 per 100,000 women
- Black: 14.5 per 100,000 women
- Asian/Pacific Islander: 12.0 per 100,000 women
- American Indian/Alaska Native 10.7 per 100,000 women
- Hispanic: 16.5 per 100,000 women
More data can be found on the SEER page for Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
- U.S. Cancer Statistics from the CDC
- Ries LAG, Kosary CL, Hankey BF, Miller BA, Clegg L, Edwards BK (eds). SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1973-1996, National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD, 1999.
- US National Cancer Institute SEER Data - Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- American Cancer Institute - Key Statistics for Hodgkin's Disease
- The (US) Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Cancer Research UK - Statistics and prognosis of Hodgkin's lymphoma
- MedlinePlus - Hodgkin's Disease