Another Unscheduled Stay in the Hospital… Urgh!

6/7/15 – My plans for the week of June 1st was to work from home. With my past episodes of passing out it would probably best I stay close to home at the watchful (and loving eye) of my wife Sue. Of course this would also include her frequently checking my temperature and making sure I eat and do not over do things.
As the week moved on we noticed that my temperature was gradually increasing but not to the point of worry. Wednesday ended with my temperature running between 99.8 and 100.2. On Thursday, May 4th, around lunch time, my temperature hit 100.5. We called the Cancer Center and they wanted to see me ASAP. I met with Dr. Alan Skarbnik. After reviewing my blood counts and test results it was determined that my counts were low across the board. They also found that my para-influenza was still an issue. I was sent to the infusion room for platelets and IV antibiotics. In the meantime they decided that I would be admitted.
I made it to my hospital room around 9:30PM. My room was a single being I need to be in isolation because of me still being positive for the para-flu. Also, I am now considered a “Fall Risk” due to my passing out issues. This means I cannot get out of bed unless someone is with me. Anyone who knows me knows how much I dislike being in the hospital. I'm probably just like most other people… I struggle sleeping, eating and I am counting the minutes to when I can go home. Being isolated with limits on my movements just added to my displeasure of being in the hospital. Of course my wife Sue was by my side most of the time. She is just so great to me and I am very thankful for her. 
Over the next few days I would get a blood transfusion, Neupogen and a continued dose of antibiotics. Each day I would anxiously await the results of my blood tests. Finally on the morning of Sunday, June 7th all my counts hit an acceptable level and I was able to go home.
This wasn’t a long stay (4 days, 3 nights) but it does cause me to worry. With my next cycle beginning on June 22nd, I need to make sure that I am feeling well and full of energy for my daughter Jill’s wedding on July 24th. The last thing I would want is for my treatments to cause me to not be there or to be there but not energetic. I need to have a conversation with Dr. Goy to see what we can do proactively to ensure I am at the wedding with bells on.
Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.Isaiah 35:3-4
More to come…

LymphomaInfo Social